Friday 7 December 2012

No, not another one! Not now!


I got on well while the internet was down –so much less to distract me.  I finished the first draft of Rock-a-bye Baby.  I had an idea of how it would end but only knew for certain when I wrote it, if that makes any sense. 

I sometimes find my characters surprising me.  ‘Wow, I wouldn’t have thought of that!’ I say to myself.  I suppose it’s another side of me doing the writing – one I have less control over.  Probably that’s what makes writing so much fun.
Anyway my aim is to finish Rock-a-bye completely and get it published on Amazon before we go to Singapore on 18th December.  Then I plan to take a complete break over the holiday period.  We will be visiting our daughter and son-in-law and also taking a trip to Borneo with them.  Sounds amazing – a holiday of a lifetime.
So I was not best pleased when last night, as I was checking for the umpteenth time to see if my internet access had been restored, another story popped into my head.   That’s not allowed – that’s not the way it’s supposed to happen.  I have to finish one book before starting another.  That's the rule.   Now I can’t wait to start the new one.   I always have to have a title.  My working title is A Fairy Tale but actually I am pretty sure that will be the subtitle or part of the title.  I have the main characters, the basic story line, the introduction, the first couple of lines and the last couple of lines, all in my head; I haven’t written a word yet.  This is always the best time – when it’s new and exciting.  But the timing is BAD!   I have so much to do before I go away.   And three parties next week – well it is that time of year.

Till next time J

No comments:

Post a Comment